I was so glad to see 2015 fall behind because the year was less than successful for me. Hopes for this year are high, and I intend on plunging into things pretty quick.
- Write and publish regularly. If I call myself a writer, I need to be writing. This means also sharing what I write with the world. I’m also keeping this a general goal because I will publish non-fiction as well as fiction.
- Lose 30 lbs. I’d love it if I could lose the weight by Summer- typical, I know, but I’d be happy with losing anything any time through the year. I also include getting fit because I’m not liking this ‘old lady’ body I have now.
- Cultivate Focus! I’ve started on this goal by cutting way back on tasks and responsibilities. Where my brain was scattered over 20 or so things, now I focus on a handful of top priorities.
- Develop and implement online courses. Local business just hasn’t worked out so I want to explore providing lessons via the Internet instead.
- Get Daniel ready for college. This is perhaps the most challenging goal- being responsible for another human being to find success in life. He’s in 10th grade now, and will graduate in only a few years.
- Be more active on my blogs and web sites. I’ve narrowed down my list of blogs/sites and figured on a schedule that doesn’t overwhelm or burn me out.
There are other little goals, but these are the main ones I will focus on.
I setup my planner by altering a Composition Notebook with scrap paper and using a pretty blue duct tape for binding. I stamped the quote on the cover.
I made ones before for the month, but this time, I will use it for 3 months, making another notebook for blogging/sites. This will be tasks and daily stuff.
Inside, on the left, I made a pocket for calendars so I can switch them out, with the lower purple area (an envelope) to put in my goals. This is printed and slipped in, but I can also include the minor goals in the same pocket.
The right side includes bills for the month (printed on a card), with post it notes for ideas that I can paste onto pages for my task list. I will also include a page for writing word counts, minutes of exercise, and weight changes.
I’ll be sharing my blog planner when I finish it too.