I finally took the plunge and switched my personal blog from Blogger to WordPress. There’s no learning curve to a blog service, because I use LiveWriter for that- it is a separate program that links to your blogs (any blog) online, and let’s me use all the functions and editing features I like.
I’m also redoing my blog and web site to better reflect what I hope to embrace as ‘life as an adventure’, but more importantly, to brand myself in some fashion. I don’t think ‘frootbat31’ said much about me. It’s a transition, that I hope will also transition my attitude about myself.
Fortunately, migration from one blog to another is pretty simple;
- Go to Blogger and sign in.
- Go to Settings then go to Other
- At the top, you’ll see links to Export to a file. Export to your computer.
- Now go to your WordPress blog, and go to Tools
- Go to Import. Select the blog service you previously used, and now you’ll be prompted to select the file you downloaded.
- Select Upload and Import.